The Spinal Cord Injury Treatment Centre (Northern Alberta) Society (SCITCS) is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping others help themselves.
Run by a volunteer board and sustained by a dedicated group of volunteers, SCITCS continues to provide support to persons with a spinal cord injury through three main facilities:
- The SCITCS FES Exercise Clinic, located in The Steadward Centre at the University of Alberta, Edmonton.
- The Neurological Unit at the Glenrose Provincial Rehabilitation Hospital Edmonton.
- The SCITCS FES Research Laboratory located in the Research Transition Facility 1098A University of Alberta
SCITCS Mission Statement
“TO PROMOTE AWARENESS AND CREATE OPPORTUNITIES FOR PEOPLE AFFECTED BY SPINAL CORD INJURIES TO ENHANCE THEIR QUALITY OF LIFE”
- By helping others to help themselves
- Through support, education and research
Our Motto: Never say… “Never”
Our motto, Never Say… “Never”, remains the driving force behind our organization. The society promotes and financially supports applied research, bringing state-of-the-art technology and research to Northern Alberta. Currently, the Centre is not a building or facility, it is people – people committed to improving the quality of life of people with a spinal cord injury.
The Spinal Cord Injury Society (SCITCS) was formed in April 1987 by a group of spinal cord injured persons and their families. Their goal was and is to enhance the quality of life of people with a spinal cord injury. Defined by the society as an injury that is caused to the spinal column by a sudden trauma resulting in immediate paraplegia.
SCITCS is a non-profit organization run by a volunteer board of directors. SCITCS is located in Edmonton Alberta and covers the area from the City of Red Deer north.
Telephone : (780) 435-5933
FAX : (780) 438-2027
SCITCS PO Box 76007, Southgate
Edmonton, AB, T6H 5Y7