SCITCS Functional Electrical Stimulation (FES) Research Laboratory
Dave Collins, PhD
Additional information on Walking …Again Research in AHFMR Research News (pages 16 and 17)
Download recent articles from SCITCS News
SEE Persons with SCI using recumbent tricycles, arm-cranking systems for people with quadriplegia and treadmill walking using partial body-weight support.
Application of FES at the University of Glasgow, Scotland.
Vivian K. Mushahwar, PhD Principal Investigator in Spinal Cord Injury and Rehabilitation Engineering
- B.Sc. Electrical and Computer Engineering, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah, USA (1986 -1991)
- PhD Bioengineering, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA (1992-1996)
- Post-doctoral Fellow in Rehabilitation Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA (1996 – 1998)
- Post-doctoral Fellow in Physiology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (1998 – 2001)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry (2001 – present)
- AHFMR Scholar (2002 – present)
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah (2001 – present)
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Center for Neuroscience, University of Alberta (2002 – present)
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Physical Therapy, Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Alberta (2005 – present)